Flower Color Mixed Common Name Anemone Botanical Name Anemone St. Brigid Light Requirements Full sun Bloom Time Early to Mid Spring Estimated Mature Height 10-12" tall Optimal planting spread 3-6" wide Planting Season Autumn Planting Depth 6-8 Inches deep Soil Moisture Average
DetailsAnemones also known as Grecian Windflowers make excellent garden plants. Blanda does very well in sun or light shade and rambles all over the place. De Caen or true woodland Anemones prefer a damp situation in light shade. Anemone are one of the easiest types of plants to care for. Keep in mind when you are planting these bulbs that you will likely not be able to tell which side should be planted up. The best thing to do would be to plant the bulbs sideways; this way they will adjust when they begin to grow.
Anemone St. Brigid
Anemone St. Brigid bulbs are highly developed florist type anemones. They do great in well-drained, sunny and sheltered positions but don't perform particularly well in cold, damp locations. They can take light frost and like alkaline soils. Plant anemone bulbs in the fall in a lightly shaded or sunny location. Take care not to situate them in a location that will become overly hot and dry in the summertime when the bulbs are dormant.
How to grow Anemone Bulbs:
1. In the Fall, choose a spot that is partially shaded and has reasonably well-draining soil.
2. Anemone bulbs are hard and somewhat shriveled looking. Before planting, they benefit from a 2-4 hour soak in a bowl of water to soften then a little.
3. Planting anemone bulbs is fairly simple. It is usually not possible to tell which side of the bulb the shoots will grow out of, but its not a problem! Whichever way up you plant anemone bulbs, the bulb figures it out and sends shoots up to the surface.
4. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Dig a 2-3 inch deep hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
5. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 2 inches between each cluster of bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can space them a little closer together.
6. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
7. Anemone bulbs will flower in the Spring. After the flowers die down, the plant can enjoy a warmer rest period. You don't have to water too much during this rest period. Try to leave the leaves as they are so that they can gather sunlight and create food for future growth periods. As foliage yellows, it can be removed.
- Shipping Info
WHEN WILL THIS ITEM SHIP?
Fall Planted bulbs are shipped from August through October.Order placed before Aug 1st:Excpect your order to arrive beginning of September at your location.Order placed Aug 1st through Oct15:Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery time from Holland after placing your order.