Flower Color Purple, Blue Common Name Crocus Botanical Name Crocus Remembrance Light Requirements Partial shade / Full sun Bloom Time Early to Mid Spring Estimated Mature Height 4-6" tall Optimal planting spread 3-6" wide Planting Season Autumn Planting Depth 6-8 Inches deep Soil Moisture Average
DetailsJumbo size Crocus. The first sign of spring! For borders or edging. They perform best in large groups. The color range from white, yellow, and striped to light blue and deep purple. They bloom in February through March! Crocus have an height of 4-6 Inches. Bulb Size: Topsize 9/10 cm.
Crocus bulbs throw upright, wineglass shaped flowers in beautiful shades of white, yellow, blue, lilac and purple.
How to Grow Crocus Bulbs:
1. In the Fall, choose a spot that is mostly sunny or has only partial shade.
2. Planting crocus bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, with wiry roots growing out of one site and a spike on the other. Plant with the roots pointing down and the spike pointing up.
4. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Dig a 2-3 inch hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
5. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 3 inches between each bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can cluster them a little closer together.
5. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
6. Crocus bulbs will flower in the Spring. After the flowers die down, the plant can enjoy a warmer rest period. You don't have to water too much during this rest period. Leaves will also die back and at this point, you can choose to tidy up the plant and remove the old leaves or just let nature take its own course.
- Shipping Info
WHEN WILL THIS ITEM SHIP?
Fall Planted bulbs are shipped from September through December.Orders placed before Sept 15:Expect your order to arrive mid September at your location.Orders placed Sept 15 to Dec 15:Orders are shipped the same week that they are placed.