Flower Color White Common Name Iris Botanical Name Dutch Iris White Excelsior Light Requirements Partial shade / Full sun Bloom Time Mid to Late Spring Estimated Mature Height 18-22" tall Optimal planting spread 3-6" wide Planting Season Autumn Planting Depth 6-8 Inches deep Soil Moisture Average
DetailsDutch Iris are available in a spectacularly rich range of colors. Long lasting as a cutflower. Dutch Iris naturalize easily and will multiply rapidly each year. They can perfectly be used to fill the gap between spring and summer plants. Ideal for the border! Dutch Iris have an height of 18-22 Inches. Bulb Size: Topsize 8/+ cm.
Dutch Iris (White Excelsior)
Beautiful Dutch Iris are relatively easy bulbs to grow, suitable for an open, sunny location in a reasonably well-drained soil which dries out at least partially in the summer. Dutch Iris White Excelsior boasts freshly crisp, white petals with a yellow accent.
How to Grow Dutch Iris Bulbs:
1. In the Fall, choose a spot that is mostly sunny or has only partial shade.
2. Planting Dutch Iris bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, with wiry roots growing out of one site and a spike on the other. Plant with the roots pointing down and the spike pointing up.
4. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Dig a 3-4 inch hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
5. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 3 inches between each bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can cluster them a little closer together.
5. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
6. Dutch Iris bulbs will flower in the Spring. After the flowers die down, the plant can enjoy a warmer rest period. You don't have to water too much during this rest period. Leaves will also die back and at this point, you can choose to tidy up the plant and remove the old leaves or just let nature take its own course.
- Shipping Info
WHEN WILL THIS ITEM SHIP?
Fall Planted bulbs are shipped from August through October.Order placed before Aug 1st:Excpect your order to arrive beginning of September at your location.Order placed Aug 1st through Oct15:Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery time from Holland after placing your order.