Flower Color Black Common Name Hyacinth Botanical Name Hyacinth Dark Dimension Light Requirements Partial shade / Full sun Bloom Time Early to Mid Spring Estimated Mature Height 12-16" tall Optimal planting spread 6-8" wide Planting Season Autumn Planting Depth 4-6" Soil Moisture Average
DetailsBeautiful fragrant flowers for borders, pots and bowls. Our assortment Hyacinth bulbs includes the strongest varieties in every available color. We supply large flower bulbs which will give impressive flower spikes. They bloom at the same time as daffodils and some early varieties of tulips and they blend perfectly in a combined landscaping arrangement. Bulb size: 15/+ cm.
Hyacinth Dark Dimension
Hyacinths are known for their large flowers delightful fragrance. Hyacinths have a cluster of narrowly spaced lance shaped basal leaves and rather tubular flowers with reflexed tips to the six segments. They are winter growers (plant in fall) and should be dried off in the summer when the leaves have died away. Hyacinths are suitable for sunny situations in well-drained soil where the resting bulbs will become reasonably dry and warm in the summer (without this summer warmth, they may not flower). Also hyacinths are a favorite and excellent pot plant for growing indoors.
How to grow Hyacinth Bulbs:
1. In the Fall, choose a spot that is mostly sunny and has reasonably well-draining soil.
2. Planting hyacinth bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, with wiry roots growing out of one site and a spike on the other. Plant with the roots pointing down and the spike pointing up.
4. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Dig a 6-8 inch deep hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
5. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 3 inches between each cluster of bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can space them a little closer together.
5. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
6. Hyacinth bulbs will flower in the Spring. After the flowers die down, the plant can enjoy a warmer rest period. You don't have to water too much during this rest period. Leaves will also die back and at this point, you can choose to tidy up the plant and remove the old leaves or just let nature take its own course.
Hyacinths make absolutely beautiful and delightfully fragrant cut flowers! It will not hurt the plant to cut the flower, so don't hesitate if you prefer to enjoy the blooms in a vase.
- Shipping Info
WHEN WILL THIS ITEM SHIP?
Fall Planted bulbs are shipped from August through October.Order placed before Aug 1st:Excpect your order to arrive beginning of September at your location.Order placed Aug 1st through Oct15:Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery time from Holland after placing your order.