Flower Color White, Yellow Common Name Narcissus Botanical Name Narcissus Avalanche Light Requirements Partial shade / Full sun Bloom Time Fall to Winter Indoors Estimated Mature Height 16-18" tall Optimal planting spread 3-6" wide Planting Season Autumn Planting Depth 1-2 Inches deep Soil Moisture Average
DetailsDaffodil Avalanche are very easy to grow.. White petals surmounted by a creamy yellow cup bring all the joy of spring to the color-starved winter months. Ensure the success of this winning Narcissus by keeping night temperatures within a range of 60 – 63 F and keeping them watered well. After planting, you can place the bowl/pot directly sunlight. Don't give paperwhites too much heat for the first two weeks as the plant will grow too tall. Paperwhites can be planted in sandy soil (cactus soil), gravel, marble stroke or hydro beads. It is not necessary to feed plants during their growth period, but please give your paperwhites regular watering. Each pot should at least contain three bulbs, but obviously a larger number gives a better result. Paperwhites like to be packed tightly in the pot! We supply a large size bulb: 15/16 (circumference of the sphere in cm) because larger size bulbs produce the maximum number of blooms. Paperwhite Avalanche flowers usually three to four weeks after planting, depending on the temperature. If you want your paperwhites in bloom for Christmas, then you should plant the bulbs late November, early December. It is also possible to plant Paperwhites in the garden but remember that paperwhites are not frost hardy, so plant them outside early, in Sept - Oct.
Indoor Narcissus Avalanche
Indoor Narcissus are excellent bulbs for indoor forcing. They are easy to grow, produce charming flowers in only 4 to 6 weeks, and have a delightful light fragrance.
How to grow Indoor Narcissus Bulbs:
1. Choose a decorative container (it only has to be about 3 inches deep as Narcissus don't need a lot of root room).
2. Fill the container with your choice of sandy soil, gravel, stones, hydro beads or marbles
3. Planting narcissus bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, with wiry roots growing out of one site and a spike on the other. Plant with the roots pointing down and the spike pointing up. The top inch of the bulb should be visible above the planting medium (don't completely bury the bulb). Try to use a minimum of 3 bulbs per container.
4. Add just enough water to the container so that the base of the bulb is kept moist. You should not submerge the entire bulb in water.
5. Place the pot in a sunny location. Roots will start appear after 1 to 2 weeks, shoots, buds and flowers quickly after that. Indoor narcissus bloom approx 4-6 weeks after planting.
6. If you are in an area that doesn't get frosty winters, you can transplant the paperwhites into a sunny spot in the garden after they have finished flowering. Water well and fertilize lightly.
- Shipping Info
WHEN WILL THIS ITEM SHIP?
Fall Planted bulbs are shipped from August through October.Order placed before Aug 1st:Excpect your order to arrive beginning of September at your location.Order placed Aug 1st through Oct15:Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery time from Holland after placing your order.