Flower Color Purple, Blue Common Name Iris Botanical Name Dwarf Iris Reticulata Light Requirements Partial shade / Full sun Bloom Time Early to Mid Spring Estimated Mature Height 6-10" tall Optimal planting spread 3-6" wide Planting Season Autumn Planting Depth 6-8 Inches deep Soil Moisture Average
DetailsDwarf Iris Reticulata are easy grow and will come back year after year. If planted in good location, they will even multiply. These Dwarf Irises are cultivated on a fairly large scale. They are one of the earliest to bloom in spring! Dwarf Iris have an height of 6-10 Inches. Bulb Size: Topsize 6/7 cm.
Dwarf Iris (Reticulata)
Beautiful Dwarf Iris are relatively easy bulbs to grow, suitable for an open, sunny location in a reasonably well-drained soil which dries out at least partially in the summer. Dwarf Iris are shorter than their cousins, the Dutch Iris, and also flower earlier. Both iris types share similar growing and planting recommendations
How to Grow Dwarf Iris Bulbs:
1. In the Fall, choose a spot that is mostly sunny or has only partial shade.
2. Planting Dwarf Iris bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, with wiry roots growing out of one site and a spike on the other. Plant with the roots pointing down and the spike pointing up.
4. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Dig a 3-4 inch hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
5. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 3 inches between each bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can cluster them a little closer together.
5. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
6. Dwarf Iris bulbs will flower in the Spring. After the flowers die down, the plant can enjoy a warmer rest period. You don't have to water too much during this rest period. Leaves will also die back and at this point, you can choose to tidy up the plant and remove the old leaves or just let nature take its own course.
- Shipping Info
WHEN WILL THIS ITEM SHIP?
Fall Planted bulbs are shipped from August through October.Order placed before Aug 1st:Excpect your order to arrive beginning of September at your location.Order placed Aug 1st through Oct15:Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery time from Holland after placing your order.