Flower Color Blue Common Name Muscari Botanical Name Muscari Valerie Finnis Light Requirements Full sun / Partial shade Bloom Time Early to Mid Spring Estimated Mature Height 6-8" tall Optimal planting spread 3-6" wide Planting Season Autumn Planting Depth 6-8 Inches deep Soil Moisture Average
DetailsMuscari are all-round flowers: they are excellent as cut flowers, when planted in rockgardens, beds, borders, under shrubs, and trees, and can be used for indoor forcing. They are often grown as underplanting for tulips and daffodils. Muscari flower spikes make a good contrast to the rounder shapes of those larger flowers
Muscari Valeri Finnis (Grape Hyacinth)
Valeri Finnis is a classic yet hauntingly beautiful variety of muscari with powder blue flowers. Try to plant muscari in clumps and space them irregularly rather than in rows for a more natural looking effect.
How to Grow Muscari Bulbs:
1. In the Fall, choose a spot that is mostly sunny and has reasonably well-draining soil.
2. Planting muscari bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, with wiry roots growing out of one site and a spike on the other. Plant with the roots pointing down and the spike pointing up.
4. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Dig a 2-3 inch hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
5. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 3 inches between each cluster of bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can space them a little closer together.
5. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
6. Muscari bulbs will flower in the Spring. After the flowers die down, the plant can enjoy a warmer rest period. You don't have to water too much during this rest period. Leaves will also die back and at this point, you can choose to tidy up the plant and remove the old leaves or just let nature take its own course.
- Shipping Info
WHEN WILL THIS ITEM SHIP?
Fall Planted bulbs are shipped from August through October.Order placed before Aug 1st:Excpect your order to arrive beginning of September at your location.Order placed Aug 1st through Oct15:Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery time from Holland after placing your order.