Day Lilies, also know as Hemerocallis, are stunning plants that are among the most popular perennials to grow in the summer garden! Day Lilies require little care to produce an abundance of blooms in an excellent array of forms and colors. Find out here how to grow these fantastic flowers from bare roots.
How to Grow
- Find a spot with full sun or part shade with well-draining soil or containers with good drainage holes.
- Dig holes and form a small mound of soil in the bottom of the hole.
- Place the roots no more than 1" below the soil surface level and ensure the roots are fanned out.
- Cover the roots with soil and water generously to settle.
How to Care
- Water lightly when needed during active growth periods but do not drench the soil.
- Leave the foliage in place after blooming has finished.
- Remove dry foliage if leaves turn yellow and die back.