Roseliles are distinctive double-flowered Lilies with very unique attributes. Part of the Oriental Lily family, these beautiful flowers are scented but have a much milder and sweet fragrance. The fragrance from these flowers is so delicate and your nose will be drawn to it like a lovely perfume.
Roseliles will thrive in full sun or partial shade. Suitable for zones 3-10.
Plant your Roselilies in the Spring for blooms in July-August.
How to Plant Roseliles
- Find a spot with full sun or partial shade.
- Ensure the soil is well-drained. Oriental Lilies will prefer an Acidic/Ericaceous Soil type
- Plant the bulbs around 5-8 inches apart. Cover with 4-6 inches of soil above the bulbs.
- For container planting, choose a container with adequate drainage holes that's large enough to accommodate your plant's mature size and fill it with good quality, well-drained soil.
How to care for Roselilies
- Roselilies do not like to get wet but can tolerate very cold conditions.
- When planting in borders, make sure the soil is well-drained and humus rich.
- When planting in pots, make sure they are kept moist but do not get waterlogged.
- Once the plant has finished flowering, cut any seed heads back and allow the foliage to die back naturally. Don't be tempted to cut the stem back until stems becomes hollow and brown.