Potentillas are perennials that bloom from spring to mid-summer. They are gorgeous, strawberry-like flowers that are perfect for adding a burst of color to beds and borders. 'Monarch's Velvet' is a clump-forming perennial that boasts vibrant red blooms against its rich green foliage. Potentilla will thrive in full sun or partial shade in well-draining soil. 'Monarch's Velvet' is known for attracting bees and beneficial pollinators with its nectar rich flowers.
How to Grow
- Find a sunny pot with fertile, well-draining soil.
- Dig holes deep enough to cover the crown.
- Water to settle the soil.
How to Care
- Water through the summer months during hot, sunny spells.
- Deadhead when necessary to tidy up and promote a second flush of blooms later in the season.
- Stake the perennial, especially it it is planted in an exposed site - cut the stems right down to the ground for new stems to grow the following spring.